Sunday, December 5, 2021

Furlough 2040 Supercharged - the Red Roadrunner is on the air.

I've had several comments over the last 24 hours to the effect of - "it looks good, but how well does that pretty red roadrunner work on the air?"

Here is one so you can hear it for yourselves. 

I've made a couple of dozen contacts putting on the air with very good signal an audio reports. Here is one memorable one with the W8A special event station celebrating the 21st amendment to the US Constitution.  The 21st amendment repealing prohibition in the United States was ratified on December 5, 1933 - thus my opening comment about striking a blow for liberty. 



It is often the case that when I tell someone that "the rig here is homebrew" they can't quite get their head around the idea that hams still build radios.   I've also noticed that if I ask for a signal and audio report after they know it is a homebrew rig they are much more critical of the audio - "sounds pretty good for a homebrew" is something every homebrewer has heard.  One contact was so astonished he accused me of surreptitiously running an IC-7300 - I'll take that to the bank.

73 from Great Falls

Dean

KK4DAS

No comments:

Post a Comment