Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Arduino Nano as ISP programmer for ATTINY85

 


My breadboard ISP programmer started falling apart, and I would often bend the pins on the ATTINY85 plugging and unplugging repeatedly while working a project.  I took an hour this morning and soldered up a permanent programmer circuit.   There are number of good online tutorials for how to do this.  Here is one I used as a refernce:  Hao's Blog - Programming ATtiny85 with Arduino Nano  (Note: for the sBitx SWR Bridge we use a different board manager core than the one Hao demonstrates.  See my blog post KK4DAS - Amateur Radio Explorations: Homebrew sBitx - Power and SWR Meter Working for details.)  The official Arduino document for using an Arduino as a programmer is here: Arduino as ISP and Arduino Bootloaders | Arduino Documentation

This worked straight away - its great to have a soldered up board - and with the zero insertion force socket - no more bent pins.

73 from Great Falls

Dean

KK4DAS





2 comments:

  1. Well done. Old school meets new school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don - I want to point out that I added not one, not two, but three LEDs in honor of Mr LED yourself.

    ReplyDelete