Monday, August 12, 2024

Homebrew sBitx - Fldigi

 

Homebrew sBitx - Fldigi

Now that I have the hardware tamed I'm turning my attention to some of the more itnteresting and useful features of the sBitx.  With the sBitx software running on a Raspberry Pi 4B there is plenty it is possible to run a variety of digital mode software programs right on the Raspberry Pi itself - there is no need for a separate computer. FT8 is built directly into the sBitx software so there is no need to run WSJTX, but for other digital modes including RTT, FSTK, Olivia, etc. you need to get the Linux versio of those programs and configure them to talk to the sBitx via the Hamlib interface.  

This was my first attempt at using Fldigi and I managed to make several good connections with myvfriend Don. KM4UDX.  The one pictured above was using the Olivia 16/1K mode.  Pretty impressive, but I still have more tuning up to do. While Olivia modes decode flawlessly - I was not able to receive and decode PSK, RTTY, and others.  I need to work on getting audio at the  correct level to not over-drive the SDR. 

I can turn the IF down on the sBitx.  I can also make some adjustments to the filtering in the Fldigi softwatre itself.

More to come on this one.


73 from Great Falls,

Dean 

KK4DAS


No comments:

Post a Comment